The Harris Federation is a successful, highly collaborative and enterprising group of academies around London. Our network of academies is setting standards of excellence through an experienced and supportive approach with the aim that every child in London can have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future. The focus of the Harris Federation is on transforming some of the most challenging schools in London into exceptional places of learning. That means that when you work at a Harris academy, you are playing a part in something very important – giving children the freedom and the opportunities to choose their own futures.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Talent & Resourcing Manager to join our in-house Talent Management & Attraction Team. This is a brand new role which offers an exciting opportunity to take an operational lead on attraction/branding campaigns and the full talent management process for all non permanent recruitment, across all primary and secondary academies. You will oversee all areas of candidate attraction, resourcing, on-boarding and PSL/agency management relating to interim/temporary staffing, and work collaboratively with the wider function to help deliver a core work stream of the central Talent and Resourcing Strategy.
We seek to be an innovative team at the forefront of attracting the best talent, from graduates to Principal and Executive level hires, to join the Harris Federation. We are looking for enthusiasm, initiative and a keen interest in education. You could make an impact on a growing organisation and help add value to our current and future academies as we continue to grow. This is an opportunity for an experienced talent acquisition/recruitment, or HR manager, to help shape our future talent management and attraction strategy.
Working in conjunction with our agency partners, you will manage and deliver resourcing solutions for interim hires across the Harris Federation, combining resourcing strategies, systems and processes with the wider talent strategy. You will be responsible for engaging, developing and retaining the best interim talent for our academies. You will play a significant part in the overall Federation talent and attraction strategy, and help to achieve our long term financial and work force objectives.
- You will be responsible for implementing and overseeing an efficient, quality driven candidate sourcing strategy with a consistent, transparent and cost effective recruitment processes.
- Support the Head of Recruitment and Academy HR contacts to provide interim staffing solutions that can respond to academy demand for short term/emergency cover, and long term supply contracts.
- Operational responsibility for delivering against central talent management targets and objectives.
- Responsible for pre-screening candidates via third party channels to ensure the highest quality candidates are presented to academies.
- Advise Principals and the appropriate academy staff on recruitment activities, seasonal trends and market conditions as to the most effective hiring channels for a specific academy location and/or department.
- Responsible for recruitment and resourcing systems, reporting and data tracking activities, and maintaining accurate and up to date Federation records.
What we are looking for someone who has a:
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced, volume driven recruitment environment, ideally within Education, Health or Social Care
- Specific background in processing new starters, candidate registrations and safeguarding, DBS checks, HR administration, and/or in-house resourcing experience.
- Sound knowledge of the education recruitment market, both in the UK, and internationally when recruiting overseas trained teachers.
Why work for the Harris Federation?
The Harris Federation is one of the highest performing MATs in the country, with 44 primary and secondary academies around London, all rated Good or Outstanding. We will continue to grow in London with a number of future academies planned for opening in the next 2-3 years.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact us via email@example.com to arrange a call.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.