Do you have experience or a passion to work with ASC students?
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity in a brand new provision with an experienced staff team?
Are you experienced in primary teaching and looking for a new challenge?
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Teacher to join our team in Leaways School, East London. This is an exciting opportunity to join our new ARC (Autism Resource for Children) provision and play a key role in the development and learning of our students. The Teacher will be working in our outstanding independent day school based in Clapton and will be teaching a small class of seven 13 – 14 year old students all of whom are working at upper KS2 levels. The ARC caters for ‘higher functioning’ autistic children and young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. The Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
At Leaways our students benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
• Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
• Engage and motivate pupils
• Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
• Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
• Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
• Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
• Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Leaways School handbook
• Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
• Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an allocated class within Leaways School, for a detailed breakdown a job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
• Successful class teaching experience.
• Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
• A commitment to ongoing professional development.
• An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
• Competitive salary
• Company Pension Scheme
• The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
• The support to progress in your career
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with young people then we would love to hear from you.
For more information please contact Annie Bale on 07792 879 391 or click apply now
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. kedlestonschools.com