Teaching beyond the textbook…
Senior Teacher - Hub Manager
Imagine the job satisfaction in knowing you were the one to make the big difference in a child reaching their full potential.
We are looking for a Construction/multi-trades specialist to join our friendly and supportive staff team based in Totton near Southampton. The Sixth Form provision is based in two vocational learning centre's, The Hub in Totton covering construction and The Skills Centre in New Milton, teaching Catering, Hospitality, Hair & Beauty and Vocational Studies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher, Instructor or Trainer with experience of the building and finishing trades. We are looking for someone capable of developing the practical subject areas to teach 15 - 19 year olds. They will be responsible for resourcing the unit in order to teach basic construction skills in plastering, tiling, painting and decorating, bricklaying and carpentry. This will include teaching 1:1 and small group instruction, recording evidence so that basic qualifications can be achieved by the students. Training can be given if needed if the candidate does not have the experience in all the subjects.
This role is a full time permanent position for 39 weeks of the year (school term time only). In return, the successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary, contributory pension, comprehensive induction and ongoing training.
- Ideally you will have had experience in the construction industry and possess the relevant qualifications in technology and/or in a Multi-Skills Construction Environment
- Experience in Teaching pre and post 16 learners is desirable. PTTLS qualification is a bonus but a course can be arranged if required
- You will be passionate about your subject, and understand the importance of maximising our students’ potential through calm, effective communications
- Working with challenging young people would be an advantage, but is not essential as full training will be provided. You will help students manage their own behaviour, particularly when they find it difficult to remain on task and to support students in accessing their learning
- Be confident in your ability to deliver functional skills English and Maths up to Level 2
- A minimum of level 2 or equivalent industry recognised qualification in a specialised vocational subject
- A range of suitable industry relevant professional development, training or qualifications (First aid, safe manual handling or other)
- GCSE English, Maths and ICT (or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or above)
- Strong ICT experience, especially industry relevant systems and processes
- Working knowledge of tools and equipment used in industry with the ability to demonstrate safe working practices
- Experience of working with BESD/ASD students in a school, children’s home or educational setting would be advantageous
- An awareness of current regulations relating to the care and welfare of the students
- High levels of commitment to the students, sensitivity to their needs, and flexibility of approach to the work.
- 16.48% Employer contribution to teachers pension (you will either need to have or be studying towards QTS)
- CPD support and a range of progression opportunities through the Priory Group Career Pathways Programme
- Online discounts and cash back benefits.
- At Priory Education we are proud of our reputation for delivering quality education and care services with positive outcomes for children and young people aged 5 to 25 who have experienced difficulties in their previous education placements.
Coxlease School is an independent specialist day school based in the new Forest. We have an excellent reputation for providing highly effective education, care, therapy, welfare and support for boys and girls aged 5 to 19 who have difficulties with their emotional, social and mental health, as well as other complex needs often associated with autistic spectrum conditions. Coxlease School was awarded ‘outstanding’ in each of six categories by Ofsted (July 2017).
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 9 - 19 years
Coxlease School is an independent specialist day school, located near Lyndhurst, Hampshire, The School enjoys a beautiful setting in the heart of the New Forest.
The school is well situated for easy access across to many areas of s...