Senior Alternative Provision – Teaching Assistant
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint a Senior Alternative Provision – Teaching Assistant to help support the teaching and learning of an individual or groups of students specifically within our Phoenix Provision. The Phoenix Provision is dedicated to supporting pupils who are not following mainstream classes for a number of factors and who may require additional support and care. We are looking for a motivated, inspiring, and influential candidate who will contribute to the intellectual and social development of students and support their achievement in Literacy and Numeracy and other specific curriculum areas as directed.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Alternative Provision – Teaching Assistant who has the right attitude and will represent our positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy. Therefore, you do not need to be a graduate to be successfully appointed for this role.
· To teach small groups of students key skills and behaviour modification.
· To support students to achieve their potential in our alternative provision which offers a broad and balanced curriculum and leads to the rapid progress of our Phoenix students.
· Assess and meet need, so that the behaviour of students is conducive to learning.
· To promote and maintain a calm working environment for students, including implementation of the school’s Behaviour and Rewards Policy.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the Phoenix provision.
The successful candidate will have
Excellent literacy and numeracy skills (minimum of Grade C in Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent)
Training in, or experience of, current learning strategies e.g. literacy or numeracy and/or behaviour.
Excellent IT skills
Some experience of working in an educational setting.
Some experience of working with people with a range of special needs including SEMH.
Experience of Behaviour support and able to teach and work with small groups
Flexible in your working approach
Looking to develop further in the role as we expand
Start date 4th October 2021
Salary NJC L5 15-20 £23,541-£25,991 FTE dependent on experience actual pro rata salary £21,276-£23,491
Job Role Permanent, Full time, Term time and INSET days plus 2 weeks 8am – 4pm
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Stockwood Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Stockwood Park Academy, part of The Shared Learning Trust.
With a new Head of School, Mumin Humayun, this is an exciting time to join The Stockwood Park Academy Teaching Team. Your colleagues are friendly, highly e...