Role: Service Delivery Specialist (2 x positions vacant)
Start date: As soon as practicable
Classification: Full Time Permanent - 38 hours per week
Salary: $63,342 - 66,421 (based on experience and qualifications)
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
TCEO has 2 x vacant positions available for Service Delivery Specialists within our Service Delivery Team. This role is based at our ITS Eastbrooke Office.
What we are looking for
The Service Delivery Specialist (SDS) is an Information Technology professional who supports services within the Information Technology and Services (ITS) Team. The SDS maintains existing services to achieve TCE’s strategic outcomes.
The SDS will apply a range of technical and other skills involving self-directed application of knowledge gained through experience and/or formal studies to successfully carry out the support of services defined in the service catalogue.
The SDS will work with the Service Delivery Lead to monitor and manage Service Delivery Services across TCE. The SDS works as the first line of support for service desk operators in the lifecycle of an incident, utilising their experience and skills to solve technical issues. The SDS may be utilised as a project build resource and could be required to have a hands-on knowledge of software installation, hardware installation, and other associated IT platform builds under the guidance of a project manager or ad-hoc team lead. The SDS will work as part of a virtual team and may be based at different locations within the Diocese of Townsville. The SDS reports directly to the Service Delivery Lead, ITS. The role may require some on-call and after hours work.
- Execute incident resolution via diagnosis and troubleshooting of technical issues within the incident lifecycle to ensure high standard ITS support to all students and employees
- Assist with the monitoring and management of the performance of servers, software, hardware and services as defined in the service catalogue
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Assist with system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution
- Provide complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain system performance to meet student and employee demand
- Assist with the reduction of operational risk and improvement of the availability of the server infrastructure by ensuring system access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation practices are maintained and adhered to
- Perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages
- Ensuring required controls are adhered to without compromising responsiveness and availability
- Perform service desk functions during times of peak demand or employee leave
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the Service Delivery Lead, ITS.
- At least three years experience in ICT roles
- Demonstrable experience in managing IT infrastructure
- Ability to show initiative, solve problems and contribute to process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Resilience in managing stressful situations
- Ability to manage time and competing deadlines in a busy environment
- Knowledge of ITIL v4 service management processes/practices.
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills
- Well-developed attention to detail and recognition of the importance of accuracy in all aspects of work
- An ability to communicate with a range of employees across TCE
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility and commitment to obtain same
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to work on-call and after hours as required
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Windows, Hardware, Security, or other certifications highly desirable
- ITIL v4 qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry experience in the education sector.
How to Apply
Please review the Position Description before preparing your application
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter and a supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
The closing date for applications for this role is 5.00pm Friday 17th January 2020.