Role: Service Desk Analyst
Start date: As soon as practicable
Classification: Full Time Permanent - 38 hours per week or looking for multiple Casual applicants.
Salary: $54,884- $57,206 (based on experience and qualifications)
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
TCEO has 1 x vacant positions available for Service Desks Analysts within our Service Delivery Team. This role is based at our ITS Eastbrooke Office.
What we are looking for
The Service Delivery Analyst (SDA) is an Information Technology professional who supports services within the Information Technology and Services (ITS) Team. The SDA is the first point of contact for all notifications of incidents and requests for service. The SDA will apply a range of basic technical and other skills involving application of knowledge gained through experience and/or pre-defined documentation to successfully carry out the support of the services defined in the Service Catalogue. The SDA will work to resolve IT support requests, invoke vendor cases and escalate advanced cases within the Service Delivery teams, maintaining service records throughout the end user support process. The SDA will perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques whilst maintaining excellent communication with the end user. The SDA will have input into the Continual Service Improvement Program and have a role in ensuring documentation is available for skill sharing and training.
The SDA reports directly to the Service Deliver Lead, ITS and will work as part the team co-located at Eastbrooke Health Hub in Thuringowa Central.
- Execute Incident resolution via diagnosis and troubleshooting of technical issues within the incident lifecycle to ensure high standard IT support to all students and employees
- Determine and facilitate relevant solutions based on the issue and details provided
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Troubleshoot, resolve and escalate issues to maintain system performance to meet student and employee demand
- Record incidents, service requests and their resolutions per agreed processes
- Ensure required controls are adhered to without compromising responsiveness and availability
- Other duties as reasonably directed by the Service Delivery Lead, ITS.
- At least one year experience in an ICT Customer Support role
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, networks and other IT products/services.
- Ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships
- Knowledge and resilience in managing stressful situations
- Good written, verbal, visual and non-verbal communication skills to ensure positive engagement with employees, parents and visitors
- Ability to manage time and competing deadlines in a busy environment
- Awareness of ITIL v3+ Service Management processes/practices.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the TCE community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Willingness to learn and develop in a supported environment
- Motivated with a “can do’ attitude.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility and commitment to obtain same
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Windows, Hardware, Security, or other certifications highly desirable
- ITIL v4 qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry experience in the education sector.
How to Apply
Please review the Position Description before preparing your application
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter and a supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
The closing date for applications for this role is 5.00pm Friday 17th January 2020.