We are developing a brighter future for our children, and we will help you develop great prospects for your career!
We are taking a lead role in redesigning the local landscape of services, ensuring sufficiency of specialist places, challenging and supporting providers to improve the quality of provision for children with SEN and vulnerable learners, and ensuring the graduated response is embedded in a way that continues to improve outcomes and places children and families at the heart of the process.
We value our partnerships with schools and other stakeholders to secure the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
The service consists of a multi-disciplinary team that works with children, young people, schools, colleges, businesses, universities, social workers and foster carers to support young people through school and onto either further education, employment or training.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Work with the Head of Children’s Support Services to lead, support and challenge both our schools and partners to secure the best possible educational outcomes for children and young people particularly those with SEND.
- Be the initial point of contact for service users.
- Lead on redesigning the local landscape of services, resource and alternative provision in partnership with schools.
- Deliver and facilitate training to a range of professionals.
- Develop our systems and processes for ensuring Education, Health and Care Plans are robust and appropriate for each individual child/young person.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
You will have a track record in building and sustaining partnerships with educational providers and other agencies, particularly health, social care and the voluntary sector, to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people and provide value for money. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated effective leadership in a similar senior role within a local authority. The provisional start date is January 2020 or earlier.
For an informal discussion about this interesting and rewarding role, please contact Kashif Nawaz, Head of Children’s Support Services on 01344 35 3318.
Closing date: 3 October 2019.
Interviews will be held on 14 October 2019.
To apply, please visit our website: https://bit.ly/2kBZzAl
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.