The post holder will be a dynamic and inspirational singing teacher for our BA Hons Musical Theatre Performance course. The right candidate will be able to engage students in a love of singing as well as prepare students for future work in the current professional industry. This post is suitable for individuals with extensive industry experience as well as experience working with Further Education students in a studio or coaching environment.
To develop and improve the quality of singing on the BA Hons Musical Theatre Performance course through effective one to one class teaching and coaching. This role will also ensure students are meeting current industry standards.
- Honours Degree in Music (Singing), Musical Theatre, Voice or similar discipline
- A recognised singing qualification
- Professional experience in Musical Theatre
- Experience of teaching singing in a Vocational Performing Arts institution
- Secure knowledge of vocal function and vocal anatomy
- Ability to work technically with the voice;
- Building secure vocal technique
- Problem solving
- Ability to recognise issues with the voice
- Extensive knowledge of Musical Theatre
- Accomplished pianist and sight reader
The Hammond is the North West’s leading provider of performing arts education and the UK’s oldest vocational dance school.
The Hammond has experienced significant growth over the past few years, leading to the creation of a new Singing Teacher designed to ensure the school and students thrive and continue to take their place as leaders in the performing arts industry. This is an exciting time to join The Hammond as it further develops the plethora of courses offered to students from GCSE and A Level studies, expert training as part of the Trinity Diploma, specialised Theatre Arts training, to the rigour of our Musical Theatre Performance degree in collaboration with the University of Chester.
This is a part time position, working approximately 15 hours per week (maybe spread over 4/5 days).
Cheshire West and Chester
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 19 years
The Hammond School is a school with a difference. It gives young people with a variety of talents and interests a chance to develop a freedom of expression, self discipline and a life-long love of learning.
Our teachers and support staff form a ...