We are looking for a Site Assistant to be part of our vibrant and forward thinking Trust. This is a busy but interesting role working in a busy school environment which will include a range of duties connected with running and maintaining the school sites.
The successful candidates will work as part of the site team working across the Ely Hub of schools which includes Ely College, The Lantern Primary School and Little Downham Feoffees Primary School. You will be joining an experienced and friendly site team helping to ensure that they meet all the needs of a busy multi based site and will be well supported by the Site Manager and the wider Trust.
You will be working as part of a team ensuring that the site is fit for purpose and that maintenance is carried out to buildings and grounds as required. The role is for 37 hours a week 52 weeks a year on a shift pattern including early mornings and evening. There is also an option of working part time for the right candidate.
Experience of working within the education sector would be beneficial but is not compulsory as full training will be given to the successful candidate.
In 2019 Ely College was rated as GOOD with OUTSTANDING leadership and management. This comes just three years after joining CMAT and is an accurate reflection of all the hard work and dedication that staff have put in to transforming the college over the last three years.
Our vision is to ensure every student receives an inspiring education which will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed beyond the classroom. We have an unwavering focus on progress, which is underpinned by a strong partnership with parents and the community ensuring that our students are a credit to the College. Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is a success story that continues to grow and part of their success is down to the ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very best staff.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert early if sufficient applications are received.
What we can offer you:
· A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
· A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
· A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
· Well-motivated and engaged students and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
· A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good staff - and partnership working, as part of our family of schools
You will benefit from:
· An induction programme for all new staff
· Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
· Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
· Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Ample on site car parking in a city location
· As a member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
You will be:
· Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
· Able to build effective working relationships with staff and students
· Able to work in partnership with students, parents, staff, governors and the wider Community
For informal enquiries about the role or a tour of the school please contact Victoria Cutforth, HR Officer.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert early if sufficient suitable candidates apply so please do apply as soon as possible.
Interviews will take place week beginning the 13th December but we do reserve the right to interview before the closing date if suitable candidates apply so please do apply as soon as possible.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
We are committed to diversity & inclusion and equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We are delighted to welcome you to Ely College.
Our shared vision is to be a truly great college, a beacon of excellence of which our whole community can be proud.
Since joining the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust in July 2016, the College has gon...