St Helena School
Site Assistant – Fixed Term until 31st December 2021
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3, Point 4 - Actual Salary £16,158 per annum
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: Immediate
We are looking for a reliable, energetic and organised Site Assistant to join our busy team as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be organised, friendly and a team player and will be willing to work hard around the school site, and use common sense to help keep the site safe, clean and in good repair.
Responsibilities will include:
● caretaking duties,
● maintenance work (including the grounds),
● some general and emergency cleaning, emergency repairs,
● liaising with contractors and school users.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
We are ideally looking for someone who could work Monday to Friday, and who is happy to work a shift pattern (our opening times are between 6am and 9pm). A flexible approach and a willingness to occasionally cover colleagues will be helpful, especially during particularly busy periods, annual leave and absence.
Applicants must be fit and healthy. A clean driving licence would be useful, but not essential.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We Can Offer You:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 715. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 17th September 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
St Helena School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
At St Helena School, our desire is to provide exciting opportunities, tailored for our young people. Through collective learning, we create a legacy for those who follow.
Working with parents, Governors and wider partners,...