37.5 hours per week, on a shift pattern to be agreed
Providing site maintenance and security, your core hours of work will vary between 6:30am and 9:00pm during the week, with evening and weekend working subject to an agreed shift pattern.
With on-the-job mentoring available from the Maintenance Manager and the opportunity to attend off-the–job training, this role is ideally suited for candidates looking for a college leaver. We also welcome applications from candidates who have previous experience of a trade, i.e. electrician, carpentry or repairs.
Key Features of the job
Ensuring the premises and its contents are appropriately maintained, cleaned, secured and fit for purpose in line with all relevant legislative requirements
Must hold a clean UK driving licence and be prepared to drive the school minibuses, on occasion, once the required training has taken place.
Some of the typical work activities are as follows:
• Opening and securing of school buildings and grounds.
• Attending the site out of hours to respond to alarm activation.
• Setting up and clearing of areas/furniture as and when required by Operations Manager
• Weekend and some evening work will involve providing a reception service to the public as casual users of sports and other hired facilities and assist customers in other ways.
• Taking necessary action in the event of fire, flood, break-in, accident or major damage.
• Undertaking repairs and maintenance as required by the Operations Manager.
• Operating the heating plant so that specified temperatures are maintained in the school and that an adequate supply of hot water is available.
• Minibus driving on occasion, once training has been completed.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to become an integral part of the school community, offering an excellent service to the school and wider community. Salary dependent upon knowledge and experience.
The post is based at Bohunt School Wokingham, Sheerlands Road, RG2 9GB.
CVs will not be accepted, please use our online application form.