Salary: £17,772-£20,138 plus fringe £585 per annum
Working hours: 37 hours per week 52 weeks per year.
Start date: ASAP
We are looking to appoint a hardworking, energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable and well organised person to join our team as Site Manager.
Duties will include security of the buildings and site, including Health and Safety compliance, non-specialist maintenance and repairs, grounds work, managing contractors and general porterage. The post holder will be responsible for the cleaning of designated areas on a daily basis in conjunction with other cleaning staff.
Previous site manager experience would be beneficial, although a high level of technical ability in routine maintenance, handy-person skills and managing premises projects is essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be honest, reliable and hardworking and able to work using their own initiative
- Have good DIY and premises skills and be able to carry out minor repairs and jobs competently
- Have the ability and confidence to supervise and monitor the work of cleaning staff
- Be willing to attend relevant courses to develop their expertise
- Be good at prioritising and meeting deadlines and to work independently
- Be committed to achieving high standards in their work
- Have good record keeping skills
- Be flexible and cheerful and enjoy working with children, parents, governors and staff – Be a good team player, be pro-active and willing to become involved in all aspects of school life
- Have basic IT skills
Annual leave to be taken during school closure periods. The role will be a split shift.
Potential applicants are both welcome and encouraged to visit the academy. Please contact the school office by telephone on 01279 630 120.
Your completed application form should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Latton Green Primary Academy, Riddings Lane, Harlow, Essex, CM18 7HT.
In compliance with Safer Recruitment guidelines, CVs cannot be accepted. We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake the appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS check.