Benefits & Grade
Grade F (17 - 19)
Permanent, Whole Time
20 Hours a week
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a complex PRU of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. It takes pupils from Key Stage 2, 3 & 4 from the whole of Stockton authority. It comprises of two separate sites, who work together as one single PRU. The PRU takes referrals from 60 primary schools and 13 secondary schools. There are currently 85 on roll. Bishopton received a grade of good, by Ofsted, in June 2017. We are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school with a clear strategic vision for moving forward.
We wish to appoint Site Manager who will be responsible for the maintenance of school buildings and site. The post involves working a shift pattern of:
2.00pm - 6.00pm during term time (working time during the school holidays may vary according to the needs of the school. Occasional weekend working may be necessary).
The successful candidate will:
- Be reliable, flexible, well organised and willing to take an active role in all aspects of school life
- To contribute to the development of the school premises and ground
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of the school
- To manage cleaning staff
- To ensure the premises are secure
- To repair, decorate and ensure the general maintenance of the school site
- To support the smooth day to day running of the school
- An awareness of health and safety legislation and good ICT skills would be an advantage
- This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as part of an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children and their families.
Bishopton is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Headteacher) for an informal chat. An application pack can be obtained from Mary Denham via email; Mary.Denham@sbcschools.org.uk and should be returned by 12 noon on the closing date.