Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Grade 7 starting Salary £28,785
Closing Date: 1st July 2019
An excellent opportunity has come up at Northern House School (Wokingham) that caters for, educates and nurtures children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
This role will be a key position within the school and will be key in terms of facilities management.
Prior to applying please consider the following. Are you
• Able to ensure the school is open, as far as possible, for its primary Teaching and Learning Purpose, as well as meet our obligations in relation to additional use
• Capable and willing to take an extensive lead on Facilities Management and Health & Safety
• Able to demonstrate substantial and effective experience in managing Health and Safety, in the context of Facilities Management, Occupational Health, Fire Management and Security
• Able to establish procedures and policies in relation to all areas of site and facilities management
• Able to develop and manage expectations in a busy and developing school
• Capable and willing to manage staff and contractors
• Take pride in your job and the appearance of the school
• Willing to support senior management in their goals and objectives
• Able to act with tact and diplomacy
• Able to communicate effectively
• Keep the Senior Leadership Team and the Academy Trust Central Team aware of issues and topics
• Plan, manage and organise
• Be creative and inspirational to overcome the many challenges a school faces
• Able to take on constructive criticism in order to develop, grow and flourish
• Able to work with a flexible can do attitude
• Able to work in a friendly, hardworking and motivated manner, taking on the ethos and culture of the school
• Able to work with good humour
If yes to the above, then please apply.
Please visit our website and download the application form, along with the job pack and advert information http://www.northernhouse.org.uk/vacancies.
When you complete the information in support of your application, please tell us what you can bring to the role and why you feel Northern House School Academy Trust is a good match for you.
Once you have completed your application please email it to Jobs@northernhouse.org.uk stating the role and Wokingham in the subject line.
For a further discussion about the position please contact Gareth Preen (Chief Operations Officer, Academy Trust) on 01902 551564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also encourage potential applicants to contact and visit the school prior to the closing date. To arrange a visit please contact Jason Horne (School Business Manager) on 0118 9771293
Northern House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a rigorous, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and all references obtained will be checked upon for authenticity and accuracy.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community