Main Purpose of Job:
• Support the Facilities Manager to deliver the maintenance, caretaking, cleaning and Health & Safety activities of the school and to ensure the safety and sound condition of the buildings, facilities and grounds.
Under the guidance and instruction of the Facilities Manager or senior person, a Site Technician will undertake repair and maintenance of the school site and Health & Safety and general activities of the school to ensure the smooth running of the school and the safety, security and sound condition of buildings, facilities and grounds.
The keeping of buildings and furnishings in good repair and decorative order:-
• To daily, on arrival, check that heating, water, electricity and gas controls and timers are working correctly, in all school areas, and take action to rectify any malfunction.
• To daily, on arrival, inspect the condition of the site, take appropriate action to rectify any deficiency which poses a health and safety risk or restricts or has the potential to restrict the smooth running of the school and to check for break-ins or other defect of the site.
• To report on defects in buildings, fittings and plant that may affect the smooth running of the school and as required by Health and Safety Regulations.
• To undertake repairs and maintenance on furnishings, buildings and fixtures and fittings to ensure a safe and functioning environment is maintained.
• To help co-ordinate and supervise on-site contractors to ensure the smooth operation of all maintenance work on site
Plus lots more. Please read the job description for full details.