Sixth Form Academic Support Advisor
Required for September 2019
Fixed term contract for 1 year in the first instance
36 Hours per week - term time plus 5 inset days plus 1 week outside of term time
Salary – Scale 5, spinal point 12 – 17 plus Outer London Weighting (£23,514 – £25,761)
circa £21,105 - £23,122
The success of Preston Manor School is built on an 80-year old reputation which continues to flourish through its committed staff, dedicated Governors and supportive parents.
We are an all-through co-operative school with students ranging from 4 – 19 years. Staff are expected to make the most of this all through provision and to liaise with relevant colleagues in all parts of the school. The school is over two sites and there may be times when colleagues are expected to work across both sites with students.
We value working in partnership together with our young people to achieve the best outcomes for every student that joins our prestigious school. The school is oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour and excellence in teaching and learning.
We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We are driven in our aims and ambitions and aspire to continue to build on our success in a supportive and friendly environment. At Preston Manor we celebrate diversity and equality of opportunity, which is reflected in our high staff-retention rates and the successes of our student population.
We are looking for an inspirational and motivated person to take up this position in our highly successful Sixth Form. The successful candidate will support our sixth form learners to achieve the best possible outcomes, by being responsible for:
• Supporting students’ academic success, through the development of skills that support their learning of the curriculum. You will be expected to work with groups of students and where appropriate guide staff and parents in respect to these important skills to improve student outcomes.
• Developing and supervising a purposeful study environment and culture for learning in the Sixth Form Study Centre.
You should be a team player with excellent communication skills, enthusiastic and optimistic in your approach to students and have an ability to motivate students aged 16-19. You should also have the ability to understand the factors that support learning at KS5 and have experience of working with students in this age group.
● have a passion for teaching and learning
● be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
● lead by example and act as a strong role model to students and staff
● have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
● be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
● be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
● have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
● be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and supportive team of staff who are committed to helping our students achieve to the highest level possible, and a school which prioritises the professional development of all its staff.
● motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
● friendly and supportive staff
● well-resourced facilities
● a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
● a commitment to professional development
The school is situated within walking distance of the world famous, Wembley Stadium, which offers easy access to newly created facilities including the London Designer Outlet.
The school benefits from excellent transport links via public transport and is located a short walk from both Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations. Central London locations are accessible within 20 minutes from the school.
The school is also easily accessible from main roads including the M25, M1, M40, A40 and A406.
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers.
"Students at Preston Manor are always aiming high supported by the teachers who push them further.’
‘Preston Manor is a vibrant, diverse and enriched community. The discipline and teaching is first-class, giving us a wider perspective of how the world around us works.’
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
Closing Date: noon Monday 15th July 2019
Interview Date: W/c 15th July 2019
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who complete in full the application form. CV’s will not be accepted in substitution for a completed Application Form but may be included.
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.