- To provide a supportive and efficient service to the Head of Sixth Form, students, parents/carers & external agencies at all times
- To provide confidential admin support for the Sixth Form team and to be the Communication link between the Head of Sixth Form, external agencies, all staff and parents/carers where required
- To produce letters, mailings, reports in accordance with academy protocol
- To update SIMs database entering information onto student records
- To manage and complete student attendance records
- To circulate reports & data in accordance with requirements to relevant departments, parents/carers & external agencies within required timelines
- To manage and monitor relevant 6th form delegated financial tasks where appropriate including the Student 16-19 Bursary
- To attend and take minutes at all relevant meetings, typing and distributing minutes accordingly
- To monitor and maintain 6th form attendance in line with school policies and procedures.
- To manage the Head of Sixth Forms diary
- To assist with the production of 6th form publications, booklets etc. using word processing/desktop and Google publishing software
- To generally assist with the preparation of and the attendance at 6th form parent evenings & events
- To generally assist in the arranging of 6th form induction days to include administration & activities, liaising with students, staff & parents/carers & outside bodies as required
- To deal with all email & telephone enquiries efficiently, professionally & with empathy, relaying messages as and when necessary
- To generally assist with the administration of educational trips
- To maintain office supplies and place orders in accordance with budgetary constraints
- To maintain records, filing systems and computer files
- To undertake a range of clerical and general office duties including photocopying and other clerical support to assist in the efficient operation of the academy
- To help and assist with ensuring that the Sixth form common room is kept tidy, laptops are charged and stowed away. Load dishwasher when necessary
- To assist with the maintenance of the noticeboards
- To complete, produce and mail letters to parents/carers regarding attendance and any other issues
- To assist with Sixth Form applications, arranging interviews, sending out information packs, keeping record of enquiries and applications
- To assist in maintaining and updating the website in relation to the Sixth Form
- Undertake any other duties that can be accommodated within the grading level and nature of this post.
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 21st September 2021
This job description is written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the organisation and the role develops. The role requires flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the Academy need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed in this job description.
River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (1 from current/latest employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role.
The Oxford Academy