Option to work Term-time Plus
The University of Birmingham School opened in September 2015. Our aim is quite simple: to transform the lives of our pupils by raising their aspirations and maximising their potential by accessing the widest possible range of educational opportunities. We want our graduates to go on to make a different to the lives of others as responsible citizens, loving partners and parents, excellent friends and great work colleagues.
Drawing on the world-class facilities, resources and expertise of the University of Birmingham, we offer our pupils a broad and balanced academic curriculum, a focus on character education, and a wide programme of enrichment opportunities delivered through an extended school day.
We are seeking to recruit a talented, experienced and hardworking Sixth Form Administrator to undertake the following specific and general duties and responsibilities:-
- Provide administrative support for all aspects of sixth form life at the School, including admissions and attendance;
- Liaising with local schools to offer outreach opportunities to their pupils and managing the process within School;
- Managing enquiries from potential applicants with regards to the admissions process;
- Working with the External Relations Officer, providing administrative and on-the-day support for sixth form open evenings;
- Manage applications to the School’s sixth form and provide the senior management team with weekly updates of numbers of applicants;
- Requesting and chasing predicted grades for applicants to the School;
- Co-ordinating offers, waiting lists and conversions, including organising and managing GCSE results day, and the subsequent calling, at school;
- Providing support for enrolment and induction;
- Collation of data and reports on sixth form attendance and punctuality;
- Providing administration for any associated intervention activity;
- To set up any meetings with students and families as directed by the Sixth Form Manager;
- To take notes at these meetings as appropriate;
- To liaise with any parents/carers who request a meeting with the Sixth Form Manager;
- To co-ordinate reference requests for students from School;
- To prepare letters home from the Sixth Form Manager as directed.
For further details, please view the attached documents or visit: https://uobschool.org.uk/
To apply, please click the apply link and complete our application form.
Closing date: Sunday, 3rd June 2018.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.