ArtsEd is seeking an experienced administrator to manage the Sixth Form and Performing Arts administrative duties and provide an efficient and confidential administrative service to the Director of Sixth Form and the Director of Performing Arts, ensuring efficient administrative and financial systems are established and maintained. Duties will include to:
• Set up and maintain efficient office systems within the Sixth Form Office, including manual and computerised information retrieval systems
• Draft and type correspondence, pupil paperwork and other documents for the Director of Sixth Form
• Take notes in meetings and when Director of Sixth Form meets parents, type up notes and distribute to relevant people
• Administer school’s admissions procedures for the Sixth Form, by giving advice to parents and members of the public on admission criteria
• Collate applications for auditions, and plan and execute audition days
• Create and distribute Sixth Form admission letters
• Track and report Sixth Form application data throughout the admissions process
• Deal diplomatically with telephone enquiries and visitors to the school
• Regularly review specific Sixth Form documentation and update as requested by Heads of Department
• Provide general office skills including photocopying, filing and receive and pass on messages accurately.
• Track pupil absences and communicate with parents as necessary with regards absences
• Maintain database of pupil information including joiners and leavers
• Ensure pupil data is up to date and accurate i.e., ALPS data, ethnicity codes, SEN status, absences, etc.
• Keep track of Enrichment registers and check all pupils are in the correct classes
• Daily check of registers
• Work with the Head of Music and Head of Singing to collate Peripatetic Music Lesson requests and allocate instrumental and vocal teachers to pupils
• Timetable instrumental and vocal music lessons
• Accurately disburse pupils for termly music lessons
• Collate and process Peripatetic Staff Timesheets
• Monitor attendance registers and follow up unplanned absences with pupils and parents
• Respond to enquiries by parents
• Liaise with tutors and site staff to manage room bookings
• Organise regular piano tuning for all pianos in use by the Day School and Sixth Form
• Maintain equipment in practice rooms and arrange for repairs where appropriate
• Monitor health and safety of practice rooms regularly
• Maintain and update performance-specific risk assessments
• Amend and circulate the Performing Arts Calendar and School Calendar in conjunction with the Director of Performing Arts
• Track production budgets and create projections
• Manage performance administration (sign-up, ticket letters, programme, running orders etc.)
• Collate and process performing arts staff timesheets
• Co-ordinate Sixth Form scholarship auditions
• Produce minutes for vocational department meetings
• Manage exam coursework materials and complete BTEC Administration as requested
• Liaise with venues for external productions; organise hire and logistics of theatre hire as required
• Create and manage events using Eventbrite as required
• Assist in organising trips
• General office administration
The post holder must at all times carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the Arts Educational Schools London Equal Opportunities policies.
The post holder must accept responsibility for ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
The post-holder must ensure that the staff Code of Conduct is adhered to at all times
The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and the school.
ArtsEd is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of all pupils and pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment
A) A full application form including an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
B) A letter of application clearly outlining suitability for the post based on the requirements outlined in the Job Description.
Your letter of application should demonstrate experience of the responsibilities outlined in the Job Description and the qualities outlined in the Person Specification. Please include examples where appropriate.
Arts Educational Schools London
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years