We are delighted that you have taken an interest in a vacancy at Holland Park: It is an extraordinary school. We wish for applicants to be fully briefed about its opportunities, advantages and even luxuries, as well as its demands and challenges. We know that a school’s ethos, priorities and values are distinctive and that these matter enormously to a sense of professional fulfilment and satisfaction.
Holland Park is a school that recognises staff talent and seeks to reward it, where people’s values, attitudes as well as skills suggest that early promotion is mutually beneficial. Support staff are integral to school's success. We seek a colleague who has attention to detail and confidence when communicating with young people and their parents/carers. Warm but firm, this colleague will rigorously apply school expectations. He/she will provide administrative assistance to those seeking to support and guide the learning and decision-making of young people who are reaching the close of their school career, in particular the Assistant Headteacher who will line-manage the successful applicant. Duties will include administration of admissions, attendance and UCAS applications, liaison with parents/carers and external professionals and appropriate challenge and support of students to ensure that the meet their potential. In particular, central duties include:
• supervising Sixth Form study areas and helping to maintain an outstanding learning culture;
• liaising as necessary with parents and students where students are absent or late;
• maintaining the sixth form email address; responding to inquiries as appropriate;
• undertaking the administration and some analysis of attendance records and reporting these regularly to the Sixth Form team;
• seeking to uphold school culture, including Sixth Form dress code and the Sixth Form environment;
• carrying out administration for the Sixth Form bursary and applying school policy in relation to this matter;
• supporting with Sixth Form admissions;
• assisting in coordinating the school’s sixth form intervention programme.
We encourage you to read our website very carefully and familiarise yourself with our 2014 Ofsted report, our prospectus, candidate information pack and application form for the post. What will be clear to you is that you are applying to an extremely successful school and one with a decidedly clear ethos of achievement. We moved, in November 2012, into a brand new £80 million school. An application form that should be completed electronically is available from the school’s website: http://www.hollandparkschool.co.uk/vacancies/train-and-teach-with-us. Early application is encouraged as we will seek to interview and appoint on receipt. The closing date for applications is Monday 12th April 2021. Role to commence 7th June 2021.
The post will be remunerated between £21,800 to £23,000, adjusted for term-time and intervention working pattern, recognises some Saturday working throughout the year.
Holland Park School
Kensington and Chelsea
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We encourage you to read our website very carefully and familiarise yourself with our 2014 Ofsted report, our prospectus, candidate information pack and application form for the post. What will be clear to you is that you are applying to an extremely...