Sixth Form Student Support Officer - 27.5 hours per week (08.30 am to 3.10 pm daily)
Term time only (44.46 weeks a year), 1 year contract,
Scale LBR3/4, Point 5-10 – pro rata of £21,591 - £23,607 fte per annum ( £14,064 - £15,377)
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to manage the independent learning centre. The successful candidate must be able to work well with young adults and as part of our dynamic sixth form team.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability and willingness to understand the needs of students from different social backgrounds,sensory impairments and special educational needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate professional relationships and boundaries with young people and adults.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Good ICT skills to support learning.
- The ability and willingness to learn new skills. With a commitment to personal career development.
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
- Continued Professional Learning programme for all staff
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
The personal specification shows the abilities and skills you will need to carry out the duties in the job description. You should mention any experience you have had which shows how you could meet these requirements when you fill in your application form.
Oaks Park High School is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive school which is expanding the number on roll to meet community demand. The school prides itself on being an ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do. Oaks Park is highly regarded for its exceptional pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
Oaks Park High School is committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success. We have a strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Closing date: 9 am, 6th December 2019, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early submissions are encouraged.