We are seeking to appoint a Sixth Form Study Supervisor to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy to supervise a purposeful study environment and culture for learning in the Sixth Form study area and ensure all students use the area and resources in an appropriate and responsible manner. The successful Study Supervisor will be confident, have a proven track record of organisational skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
The Study Supervisor role will suit applicants with outgoing personalities who are looking for an exciting and rewarding role. Experience of working with children is important, as well as the ability to manage a working environment at secondary level, giving support to teaching staff and students in the use of the materials, tools and equipment. Those interested in pursuing teacher training or any professional roles within education are encouraged to apply. You will be required to maintain a positive environment/atmosphere for learning, help students to map out and/or plan work and meet deadlines as well as directing students towards other physical resources/materials to help them become more effective learners. Other tasks will include ad-hoc administrative tasks and challenging students on appropriate dress code, wearing of lanyards, no mobile phones etc.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We pride ourselves on high academic aspirations and a caring and inclusive environment. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Our students are able to take advantage of our sponsor University College London’s world class facilities and expertise from their very first school day, and are exposed to university life throughout their Academy career. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university working aspirationally with the academy’s students.
• Have knowledge of a range of positive strategies to deal with groups of students;
• Have good interpersonal and presentational skills;
• Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and able to work under pressure;
• Be flexible with working arrangements.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources and to work within our connected curriculum;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Thursday 12th September at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
If you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.