The Social Media Manager will be responsible for helping to define our social media strategy and bringing our Vision for Social Media to life by implementing social campaigns and advertising across all our social media and Community platforms. Working closely with the content team and plan they will craft relevant brand stories across the year.
The Social Media Manager will drive engagement with our target audiences through individual interaction and content as well as supporting Business Units by scheduling commercial activity.
The Social Media Manager will be proactive in sparking and responding to conversations on our social channels, getting ‘in-tune’ with our teacher and education audiences. As Teachers are typically most active 5-9pm this will mean that some evening work is to be expected.
The role will require regular interaction with the Communications, Marketing and Customer Service teams to ensure a seamless brand experience.
- Integrate social media into overall TES marketing strategies and activities, building on key audience definitions and content plan
- Manage core social media and Community platforms and identify new social media opportunities
- Plan, develop and implement brand campaigns and conversations that support our Vision
- Define and deliver commercial targets for social media to support our business goals
- Identify new potential TES authors, experts and influencers via social media and generate significant 3rd party referral activity.
- Nurture our community of teachers (authors and purchasers of resources)
- Manage social media conversations to grow positive sentiment. Provide advice, support and direction to Customer Service and other departments
- Be aware of social media best practice and translating these into recommendations for the business. Create a centre of excellence for social media within TES globally.
- Assist in lead generation via social channels
- Maximise use of social dashboards and monitoring/listening tools.
- Track and report to senior stakeholders on the performance of social campaigns
Required Skills, Knowledge, Competencies & Experience
- Significant experience in managing social media for a consumer business
- Proven success in delivering commercial targets
- Creative, curious, questioning approach
- Experience of reporting to senior stakeholders; clear and concise communicator.
- Passion for social media and desire to fully engage with our audience
- Ability to work well as part of a team and collaborate with internal and external partners
- Previous experience in the education sector desirable but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
TES Social Media Vision
Tes lives and breathes social media. Across every social media channel, Tes will connect and inspire teachers and leaders by communicating with them positively, honestly and openly.
Because we are in tune with our community, we initiate and sustain genuine conversations about teachers and leaders’ professional issues and working lives. We grow relationships that are deeper than any individual transaction
Tes uses social media to converse with the teaching community, contributing energy, empathy and humour. Our confidence and honesty creates advocates who will share content across their own, and other, networks.