Wales International School are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner, who has experience as a Social Worker to FS2 through Year 8 in an international school setting.
We are seeking a well-qualified Social Worker for October 2017 to work with students whose first language is usually Arabic. Within cultural parameters, we adhere as closely as possible to the National Curriculum, which constitutes around 80% of the timetable. All lessons are taught in English. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ continuous experience. They will show initiative and adaptability, will be a team player and will relish the challenges and rewards of working in an international setting.
Description of role:
- Candidates with experience of working in a successful school that follows The National Curriculum of England at KS2 and KS3
- Excellent subject knowledge and pedagogical practice.
- A proven track record of outstanding work at all levels and at the 11-18 age range.
- Drive and enthusiasm to inspire, nurture and empower students.
- Focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement.
- A confident and impressive communicator who is a team player
We can offer the right candidate:
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- The opportunity to make a difference
- An attractive, tax-free salary
- Medical insurance and residence visa
- Annual travel allowance
- End-of-service gratuity
- Unlimited sunshine, safe environment and a good lifestyle
Required Candidate profile:
- A Bachelors degree relevant to their subject area
- British National
- Minimum 4 years experience in the Gulf or in UK
- Holding an ADEC license is beneficial.
- 21st Century teaching skills
The appointee will sign up for an initial two-year expatriate contract, which will be annually renewable thereafter. We can also offer the right candidate a friendly, constructive and supportive working environment, with lots of challenges ahead. Along with that, there should be huge job satisfaction and the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future development of the school. Our students are responsive and respectful, but lively at the same time, as we equip them with the skills to make a positive contribution to their society as adults. Abu Dhabi is an exciting place to work, a vibrant city with lots going on and very welcoming to expatriates who are respectful of local culture and social norms. It is rapidly establishing itself as the cultural (as well as the actual) capital of the UAE. If you want an ‘authentic’ and fulfilling ex-pat experience, then Wales International School is a rewarding place to work.
Please send a copy of your CV to include qualifications, a recent photograph and covering letter to Sahaid Ummer at HR@walesschool.com mentioning the post for which you have applied in the subject line. Previous applicants may apply. Initial interviews will be held via Skype.