Smart Teachers is recruiting for a talented Sociology Teacher for a permanent position starting in September 2017. The successful Sociology Teacher will be joining a school rated by Ofsted as “requires improvement” however, this school is heading in the right direction and it is a great place to work. This co-ed school is situated in Hounslow, a short walk from an over ground station that caters for children aged 11 to 19. Newly Qualified Teachers are welcome to apply.
About the Role
· Sociology Teacher
· Sociology offered at KS3, KS4 and KS5
· Extracurricular responsibilities available
· Marking / planning involved – full teaching responsibility
· Salary between £30,001 - £40,000- depending on candidates experience
· To start in September 2017 on a permanent contract
· Suitable for an NQT
About the School
· Secondary school with historic links to the community
· New building in progress with student expansion in mind that should be completed in the next year
· Located in a popular part of West London, with rail and road transport links
· Located a short walk from an over ground train station – zone 3
· Located within walking distance of several parks
In order to be considered for this role, the Sociology Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (essential)
· Strong behaviour management (preferred)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number RXN9922.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.