Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective 11-18 comprehensive school. The academy opened in September 2006 and has made rapid progress to become a highly successful and over-subscribed local school.
Join a school that has a 300 years of history behind it, and a bright future ahead, with great facilities such as a newly installed Astroturf sports pitch, state of the art recording studio, 300-seat theatre and the largest school playing field in the city.
We require, in September 2019, an exceptional and committed Sociology teacher, with the ability to teach RE, and work and RE department. As a key member of the team, you will be expected to teach across KS3, KS4 and KS5.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher of Sociology and RE,
• have a RE specialism to teach up to Key Stage 5,
• be committed to improving teaching and learning in both trainee and experienced teachers through developmental leadership,
• be a committed team player,
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve,
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence,
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations,
• have the enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England
• work in high quality facilities,
• receive unrivalled training and professional development,
• join a network of Ark schools and benefits from the support of experienced network colleagues,
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
The academy has fostered a collaborative infrastructure which has instilled a strong sense of community amongst our staff. Your hard work will always be recognised at Burlington Danes. As a teacher at Burlington Danes, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
• A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to talk about the post informally if you require more information. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to www.burlingtondanes.org.
Please apply via TES Application Form online
Location: Ark Burlington Danes Academy, Wood Lane, London W12 0HR
Closing Date: 22nd March 2019
Start Date: September 2019
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check