Apply by: 9am, Wednesday, 15th December 2021
Likely interview date: Thursday, 16th or Friday, 17th December 2021
Job start 5th January 2022
Salary: SO1 Point 23 to 25 depending on skills and experience: £32,298 to £33,474 (FTE)/£27,702 to £28,709 (for 41 weeks)
Location: Stratford, Newham
Contract type: 39 weeks (plus 2 weeks)
Contract term: Permanent
This is a great time to join one of the most exciting schools in the country. The role is perfect for you if you are looking for a term time plus 2 weeks role that allows you to spend your time at home during the school holidays.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for food – turning ‘school food’ on its head by working alongside our Head Chef Educator to deliver nutritious, healthy food to pupils, and bringing some fun to lunch time.
We want you to work with us to provide the very best school catering around. We give you access to training opportunities, both mandatory for your role and aspirational.
- Be a proven, hands on sous chef
- Have good health & safety knowledge
- Assist the Head Chef Educator in costing menus and order correctly within budget
- Deputise for the Head Chef Educator
- You will be expected to step in and cover sickness and absence, which could be at short notice
- You may be required to work when there are hospitality events - these may fall during the evenings or weekends
- Make sure the cleaning schedule is followed to maintain a very clean kitchen
- Attend training courses when required, on or off site
- Prepare special dietary requirements and be fully up to date with food allergens
- Build excellent relationships with your clients
Working hours: 37.5 per week.
For more information see:
www.school21.org.uk or e-mail Anne Shaker, HR Manager, at
email@example.com or call 020 8262 2121
To apply please visit the careers page at www.school21.org.uk
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and is deeply committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. School 21 expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and uphold the highest standards of professional behaviour at all times. We operate a strict safer recruitment policy that aims to ensure we recruit the right people. All successful candidates are required to comply with our safer recruitment procedures which include reference checks and an enhanced DBS check.
About School 21
School 21 is a pioneering 4 to 18 school in Stratford, East London, for girls and boys and children from all starting points and backgrounds. We are looking for the next cohort of teachers who want to continue to shape the school so t...