A unique opportunity has arisen to join the South Hams Federation as a Head of School.
We are looking to recruit a passionate and ambitious Head of School. The post will need a person who is hard-working, driven and dedicated and who has the children’s best interests at heart, both academically and pastorally, while having exceptional communication skills.
The position will involve 0.8 leadership and 0.2 teaching time.
The South Hams Federation consists of five diverse schools of differing sizes that each have their own challenges and the successful candidate will be chosen for their own distinctive talents and experiences.
Our ideal candidate will be looking for an opportunity to gain Head of School experience while under the guidance of the Executive Headteacher. If you are a senior leader/Deputy/Assistant Head and feel able to continue the excellent work in developing the vision, values and ethos of our Federation while working hard to inspire those around you, please get in touch. To apply, you will need to be a passionate practitioner who is not afraid of doing what’s being asked of others and has a clear vision for the curriculum. Someone who already has some experience in a school leadership position, you are willing to share your knowledge of current teaching affairs with others and happy to embrace our school values. You are also as comfortable greeting parents each day as you are collaborating with Federation colleagues in order to create wonderful places of learning.
You may be required to work at any school within the Federation and you will also be required to attend staff meetings and training at other schools within the Federation.
Our whole team work extremely hard to give the children every opportunity they can and we have a reputation for being forward-thinking and innovative. We have an experienced leadership team who will be on hand to offer help and advice where appropriate and part of our strength and success lies with this strong support framework.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts children at the centre of all they do
• Has experience of collaborative leadership
• Is an inspiring leader with a proven track record in leading school improvement
• Can inspire and motivate others to help them achieve their full potential
• Is an excellent and strong communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others
• Has experience of successfully managing the performance of staff
• Is able to prioritise and delegate effectively
• Is reflective, solution focused and able to think ‘outside’ of the box!
In return we can offer you:
• A fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful Federation
• Leadership of a good school
• Staff who are welcoming, dedicated and professional
• An excellent and supportive Board of Governors
• Good relationships with the school community and children
• Support for your ongoing professional development
• Support and mentoring from your leadership colleagues and senior leadership teams
We would normally welcome anyone into our schools to see the excellent work which is carried out daily and reveal the welcoming atmosphere created by both children and adults alike. However, in the present climate may we suggest that an initial telephone conversation may be mutually beneficial? For an informal discussion please telephone Mrs Tess Coulthard, Deputy Executive Headteacher of the South Hams Federation on 01548 580551.
Application forms, a job description and person specification are available form Helen Leather at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by email to email@example.com by noon on the closing date of Thursday, 4th March 2021.
Interview date: Thursday, 18th March 2021.
South Hams Federation
- English primary schools