Al Ain English Speaking School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate and creative teacher of the highest quality to join our supportive and innovative team. The school, which was established in 1979, is one of the founding schools in Al Ain and is held in high regard by the local community for its pioneering education and is the first choice of the ex-pat. The school has recently been awarded a "GOOD" inspection grade.
The successful applicant will:
· Be an enthusiastic and consistently strong practitioner with a sound knowledge and understanding of primary and secondary education;
· Enjoy being part of a professionally-stimulating environment;
· Promote a well organised and inspiring learning environment;
· Offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to pupils;
· Be committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life;
· Be reflective and continually strive to improve performance;
· Be an effective communicator with parents and colleagues both in and out of school;
· Have a minimum of 2 years experience and relevant degree in subject area.
· An attractive and competitive tax free salary.
· High quality furnished accommodation.
· Generous medical insurance.
· Return annual flights to your home country.
· Visa costs and end of service gratuity.
· Year-round sunshine.
A Middle Leadership position maybe available for the right candidate.
Benefits of living in Al Ain & the UAE:
Living in Al Ain City, offers teachers extremely affordable living in an exceptionally friendly and cosmopolitan environment. Staff enjoy an excellent lifestyle, with plentiful leisure facilities (E.g. Rugby, Golf, Swimming, discounted hotel memberships) and fascinating tourist attractions (E.g. Al Ain Zoo, Wadi Adventure, Jebel Hafeet).With the thrill and bright lights of Dubai and Abu Dhabi on our doorstep, staff have extensive opportunities for travel around the Gulf region and further afield.
The position is a full-time, permanent role and offers a highly competitive salary. Applications can be submitted via the TES online application form.
Al Ain English Speaking School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS and employment references and ADEK approval.
The school reserves the right to make appointments before the deadline, so we encourage candidates to apply early.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Below 55 years of age
Al Ain English Speaking School (AAESS)
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years