Special Education Needs & Disability Teacher
Job type- Full time permanent
Salary - Up to £36,144
Hours- 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential? If so, then join Nacro at our Wells unit, who educate, nurture and transfer lives.
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of an inspirational Special Education Needs & Disability Teacher to work at our Wells Unit. The Wells Unit is a purpose-built, 10-bed NHS residential secure unit for adolescents (12-18year olds) with severe mental health problems and forms part of a specialised national network that provides care across England. This role will oversee day to day delivery and support to our SEN students, focusing mainly on the teaching, learning and assessment of English and Maths. This role will involve working with a wide range of students of different levels and abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and deliver the planned curriculum and quality of delivery within the designated subject area and deliver allocated education in accordance with the timetable and national curriculum so that young people’s needs are met.
- To work with the wider multi-disciplinary team to ensure young people are cared for, safe and achieve.
- Ensure a broad diversity of learning styles are catered for, and that learning is aligned to best teaching methodologies and industry standards.
- Provide and constantly adapt appropriate methodologies for inclusive and personalised learning promoting self-esteem, independence and British values.
- Ensure student data is reported and shared as appropriate with the Trust and Nacro.
- Prepare, implement and monitor individual education plans so that the young person’s needs are met
It is essential that the applicants have prior experience of working with SEND students or hold relevant qualifications in this field.
DBS & Secure Training Centre Vetting required including 5 years reference history.
Please apply online