SPECIAL EDUCATION NEEDS CO-ORDINATOR (SENCO) – MPS/UPS Plus SEN ALLOWANCE
Eden School would like to appoint a dynamic and innovative full-time special education needs coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills and someone who is highly effective in ensuring equality of opportunity and securing attainment and inclusion for all. You will have the passion and motivation to help drive forward excellence in teaching and learning within the school and to contribute to and progress its rapid improvement journey.
We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates unconditional positive regard for young people and who has the highest expectations of themselves and others and with an ambition to make a difference. You will have the opportunity to help shape the way the school moves forward and will be joining highly skilled and committed professionals who are relentless in the pursuit of excellence to improve the life chances of our students.
Eden’s Values and Ethos
At Eden School our mission is to offer a turning point for the most vulnerable young people in our community; providing intensive support that develops abilities and inspires the belief that there are no limits to what can be achieved through education.
Personalised learning programmes allow Eden to cater for pupils with differing abilities and cover a wide range of academic and vocational courses.
With a strong focus on positive results and achievement, Eden constantly measures the progress of students. Although Eden’s pupils face significant barriers to their learning, we have the highest targets for their future, and we will not accept failure.
We aim for each pupil to achieve a minimum of three levels of progress, with access to GCSE/EBCs in English and mathematics alongside vocational qualifications and other subjects where appropriate.
Although our targets are challenging, with the support of Eden’s specialist teaching staff we believe they are always within reach.
The successful applicant will:
• Be an experienced and dynamic SENCO to join an enthusiastic and committed team.
• Have a proven track record of raising standards and being able to develop staff.
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a drive to improve the life chances of young people through education.
• Develop and implement teaching and learning initiatives throughout the whole curriculum area which raise the quality of teaching practice of all members of staff and therefore raise pupil standards and outcomes for SEND pupils.
We can offer you:
• Simply Health Care.
• Experience of teaching in a school with motivated and committed colleagues.
• A modern building with great facilities.
• A full CPD training programme.
• Professional development opportunities.
• Opportunity to work within a range of educational settings as part of your induction programme.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring and background check.
The closing date for all completed applications is Friday, 20 April 2018 @ 12noon
Interviews will take place 27th April 2018.
Applications can be completed on line at: