Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Education Needs Coordinator / SENCO for a dynamic school, growing in excellence and going through significant structural change. This full time Special Education Needs Coordinator / SENCO role is available for a September 2017 start on a permanent basis. The school is based in the culturally diverse, north east London borough of Waltham Forest (E4) known for its contrast of inner-city urban characteristics, and more affluent residential developments surrounded by parks, and playing fields. If you are looking for a leading school on the cutting edge of what’s happening in education, this could be a great opportunity for you.
About the Role
· Special Education Needs Coordinator / SENCO
· To fulfil all duties of a SENCO, assisting and ensuring all SEN students are receiving sufficient and inclusive curriculum based education across the school
· September 2017 start
· Job stability and career progression
· Permanent contract
· Salary between £40,001 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
· Overseas trained teachers are welcome to apply
About the School
· 3 Form Entry
· A ‘good’ school with ‘outstanding features’ by Ofsted – July 2014
· Easily accessible from many boroughs of London, situated within great transport links
· Brand new site has just been completed
· Bright spacious classrooms with state of the art technology and a well-resourced EYFS department
· Offers excellent CPD – formed an Academy Trust with a school awarded National Support School Status
· Part of a Teaching Alliance of 42 Schools
· A co-ed school
In order to be considered for this SENCO role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a SENCO qualification or the equivalent, or have significant experience in a SENCO role
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Have a commitment to inclusive education
· Have proven experience as a SENCO, or the equivalent in a UK-based setting
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number MXRE15224.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £250 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.