We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Teacher to join our team at Collegiate American School.
By working closely with the Learning Support team and class teachers you will support our children who are low achieving and those with Special Educational Needs in specialised programs of learning.
The successful candidate should have class teaching experience in the both lower and upper primary school years, including the teaching of students of low ability or additional learning needs.
Good levels of spoken and written English are a must, as a constant line of communication with staff and parents is an integral part of the job.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for low achieving and SEN students.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
- Provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute significantly to raising standards of student attainment as a teacher.
- Liaise with class teachers and the Learning Support team to regularly to support the identification process
- Report on progress to parents, teachers and the Head of School
• Experience in an outcome based education system preferred
• Assessment for learning and technology skills will be an asset
• Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree
• A recognized teaching certification or US teaching license
• Applicants with a Master’s Degree or higher will be given preference
• Good Communication and technology skills are key requirements
We offer a competitive tax free package and place emphasis on professional development.
Interested applicants, should forward a full CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org