Smart Teachers is currently recruiting Special Education Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs to work on a flexible daily, short-term and long-term basis with a special school based in London borough of Southwark. The school provides education for students aged between 11 and 19 years. There is a wide range of needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Smart Teachers has a constant flow of work available and is seeking SEN TAs / SSAs / PMLD TAs / ASD TAs / SLD TAs to join our pool of candidates available for day-to day supply, short-term, and long-term blocks.
About the Role
· Speical Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / SSA / PMLD TA / ASD TA / SLD TA
· Ideally have experience supporting students with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
· Day to day supply and short term blocks available
· For the right candidate, long-term blocks of work and possibly permanent contracts can be offered
· Daily rate starting from £70 a day (depending on experience)
About the School
· Providing education for students aged between 11 and 19 years old with special educational needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Exceptional and enhanced facilities including hydrotherapy suite, music room, art and design studios, and a physical exploration area with trampoline and interactive technology
· Regular working hours, starting at 9:00am
· Offers high-quality training and professional development courses
· Easy to get to from Elephant and Castle
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Education Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have proven UK classroom-based experience: minimum of 6 weeks full time
· Preferably have special school experience, but not essential
· Welcome candidates who want to be psychologists / therapists in future
· Welcome actors and actresses who want to work on a daily or short-term basis
· Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number HZM1306.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.