Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo.)
Required as soon as possible Inner London Weighting Salary to be negotiated
Ben Jonson Primary is a vibrant, three form entry school, situated in the richly diverse community of the Ocean Estate. The governors, staff, pupils and parents are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-motivated SENDCo. to join us.
You will have:
• experience in teaching essential (good, outstanding practice)
• NASENCO qualification completed
• must be able to model best practice to support all teaching staff in differentiation of teaching and learning in highly creative ways
• experience as a middle leader in a mainstream or specialist school
• a genuine desire to involve yourself fully in the life of our school and to work as part of our forward-thinking team of professionals
This is an opportunity to join the teaching team and wider community at Ben Jonson and the inclusion team, supported and managed by the Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion.
A school visit is essential prior to application. Please make contact with the school office Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion to arrange this.
For details and an application form, please visit the school website.
Closing date and shortlisting: Friday 20th October 2017 at midday
Selection process and interviews: Monday 30th October 2017
Please note: Due to the large number of application forms we receive, feedback will only be given to unsuccessful shortlisted candidates.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.