Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo)
Contract: Permanent, Part-time 0.6 SENDCo or Full-time 0.6 SENDCo & 0.4 Teaching commitment
Salary: TMS plus SEN allowance
Start date: September 2017
Are you looking to join an inspirational and motivated team? We have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding practitioner to join our school and lead our SEND team. This post would suit an experienced SENDCo or an outstanding teacher who is looking for the next step in their career. You would join the school’s Middle Leadership Team, receive all the training and support you require for the role and have the potential for additional leadership responsibilities.
Harriers Banbury Academy is part of the Aspirations Academies Trust. We are committed to raising pupil aspirations in order to reach their full potential.
We are looking for the ideal candidate who:
· Is passionate about education and, in particular, pupils special educational needs;
· Works creatively with the curriculum to help all children succeed;
· Loves challenging themselves and others;
· Relishes in opportunities to develop your own practice;
· Enjoys working as part of a team;
· Likes supporting and developing other colleagues;
· Recognises the importance of great relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents.
We will offer you:
· Enthusiastic, hardworking and well behaved children;
· A supportive Staff and Governing Body who have fun at work;
· A progressive, forward thinking Academy Trust;
· A commitment to your professional development and potential leadership opportunities for the right candidate;
· The opportunity to complete The National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination (if not already held);
· The chance to have an impact across the entire school and to manage your own budget;
· Opportunities to work in our schools within the District and across the Trust;
· A welcoming environment where creativity is encouraged;
· A school where core values run throughout the curriculum and support pupils every step of the way.
Harriers Banbury Academy is a very good school with great facilities in the heart of Banbury. The pupils and staff work together to ensure everyone is achieving and succeeding. It is a fantastic school where pupils make excellent progress and gain valuable life experiences to take with them on their next steps. We would welcome applicants to come and meet the team!
To arrange a visit, please contact our Business Manager Amy Willson on 01295-263067.
Application packs can be downloaded via the TES or from our school website http://www.harriers-aspirations.org and should be submitted to email@example.com
The Aspirations Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced CRB disclosure and references.
Closing date: Friday 28th April 2017
Interview date: Friday 5th May 2017