Primary SENCO required to start in August 2018 at Qatar Petroleum Schools based in Dukhan in Qatar
Are you an Outstanding Primary practitioner, experienced in leading and or coordinating special educational needs? If so, we have a unique opportunity for a career minded teacher to join a fast developing school.
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for an outstanding middle/senior leader who is eager to work for a company who are world leaders in the Oil and Gas Industry. Our mission is to inspire and empower our children for a great future, through an innovative and globally relevant education.
The school is internationally focused and is at the centre of our Dukhan community, educating approximately 1300 children from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities. The school is well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant curriculum, which has the adapted English National Curriculum at its heart. We have personalised this to meet the needs of our international cohort which, along with our own Competence Framework, ensures that our learners are inspired and empowered for a great future.
We are seeking an excellent Primary practitioner and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator. The ideal candidate needs to:
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching and learning in the UK system, preferably with additional experience working in an International setting
- Have SEN teaching and leadership experience across all Primary age groups
- Display up to date knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures in line with UK guidelines
- Show effective use of behaviour management strategies that directly impact on pupil progress and attainment
- Demonstrate how to assess children with SEN and provide appropriate interventions, setting achievable targets
- Have a proven and successful record of working with staff to support their understanding of how to include impactful learning opportunities and plan effective differentiation for children with SEN to ensure their continued progress
- Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children with Special Educational Needs
- Lead on professional development of staff to increase their effectiveness in responding to children with SEN
- Build and develop trusting and supportive relationships that increase parental engagement in order to enhance the learning experiences of children
- Preferably have experience working with EAL children at the early stages of language acquisition to support the children to ensure rapid English language development
Dukhan - www.des.com.qa
Dukhan is a purpose built town on the West coast of Qatar that is populated by QP staff and their children. We are a community school that has been operating since 1954, offering a British style education to a wide variety of students.
The school has an amazing international ethos and is honoured to be at the centre of our Dukhan community, educating approximately 1400 children from 3 to 18 years of age, representing over 30 different nationalities.
In return for your passion in ensuring a dynamic and high quality education, successful candidates will be employed by Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and excellent sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, to:
Please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, and should include the following information for VISA purposes.
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Your Nationality 4)No of dependants 5) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children 6) QTS Status
Please send your letter of application, your CV and a recent photograph to QP.email@example.com
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou on +44 (0)20 7259 8771 or +447595 968 600.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.