Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo)
TLR 2.1 (£6,514)
Required for January 2018
Possible recruitment allowance for successful candidate
Do you want to work in one of the top 5% of schools in the country for progress nationally, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment?
We are seeking to appoint a SENDCo to take a strategic lead in developing and evaluating Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) provision within the School. Candidates should have a clear vision for SEND, be able to make a contribution to whole school activities and ensure each student with SEND is positively encouraged to develop to their full potential.
- Be well qualified and enthusiastic.
- Have outstanding teaching, leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Be passionate about all areas of SEND provision and committed to improving teaching and learning for students with SEND.
- Have excellent knowledge of the legal and statutory requirements that need to be met for students with SEND.
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
- Be able to contribute effectively as a leader of a team of six Learning Support Assistants (LSAs).
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work in a flourishing department.
- Applications from NQT’s welcomed.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available
- An iPad to deliver engaging lessons.
- Non-teaching position
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an outstanding school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website. Visits are warmly welcomed and highly recommended - please contact Ms Adams, Personnel Officer on email@example.com.
All staff are required to be supportive of the Catholic ethos and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and we have a full time Chaplain who can help support individuals within their role.
Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
Closing date: 12.00pm, Friday 24th November 2017
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 27th November 2017
Reference No: SHR 17-292
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.” OFSTED March 2008
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils. Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.” Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,385 students with 320 in the Sixth Form.
Headteacher Ms M Noone
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.