Varee Chiangmai International School is seeking an SEN Specialist and Student Counsellor to start in August 2018. The school has approximately 300 students on role, a small number of whom require learning support. This role is to support those students as well as to provide counselling services where required.
Varee Chiangmai International School is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust). It is part of a larger Thai school and actively promotes Thai language and culture. Our Secondary School is growing meaning we need to create additional classes. The school is located close to the centre of Chiangmai, the bustling capital of Thailand's northern Lanna region: an area of misty mountains, Buddhist temples and diverse Hill Tribe cultures, as well as a thriving social scene. Chiangmai has been rated among the top 10 most liveable cities in Asia. It has a laid back atmosphere, enjoys a tropical climate tempered by altitude most of the year, and, above all, is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate should:
• Hold a Bachelor's degree and qualifications in SEN and/or Counselling.
• Preferably have at least 1 year’s experience in a similar role, either in the UK or an international setting.
• Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students and parents.
• Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffroom.
• Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
In return we offer:-
• A two year contract.
• A locally competitive salary in line with other international schools in Chiangmai.
• A housing allowance.
• BUPA medical insurance.
• End of contract bonus.
• Visa and work permit support.
• A friendly and supportive working environment.
Applications are open until 27th April 2018, though we will start contacting suitable applicants from 18th April. Please apply via email to email@example.com, including the following:
• Your CV, including contact details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
• A letter of application outlining the reasons you would like to work at our school and the skills you would bring.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype for candidates not presently in Chiangmai. Successful candidates will be required to provide police clearance from their country of residence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.