Why work for us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and friendly team that puts children at the heart of everything we do. We were graded ‘outstanding’ in June 2018 where it was noted ‘pupils' behaviour was exemplary’ and ‘pupils and staff feel valued and work together as one cohesive community’. We can offer you excellent opportunities for professional development as well as the support and guidance from the Trust.
There will be opportunities to develop wider leadership qualities and this role would either suit someone looking to develop and embed their existing SENCO skills or eventually progress to Senior Leadership. You will be an integral part of the extended leadership team.
About the role
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Special Education Needs Coordinator to lead on Inclusion. Mansfield Green E-ACT Primary Academy expects its incoming SENCO to be hands on, getting involved with teaching and modelling good practice for all teaching staff. A warm, friendly personality that understands how challenging this role can be is an essential requirement of the post.
The Special Education Needs Coordinator will have a teaching commitment every morning which could entail small groups or whole class. Therefore, flexibility is a requirement of this post.
The strategic purpose of the job is to:
- Lead, develop and maintain high quality SEN provision.
- Play a leading and strategic role in closing the gaps for disadvantaged pupils.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold or be working towards the National Award for SEN Coordination.
- Be a qualified teacher with the knowledge and experience of teaching pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- Have thorough knowledge of the new SEND Code of Practice.
- Be skilful in working with, monitoring and championing pupils with a range of different abilities and needs – SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL and G&T.
- Have the ability to support and overview the work of the teaching assistants working with children with SEND.
- Be hardworking and adaptable to change.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Be able to have a strong relationship with the parents, community and be able to communicate professionally with external agencies.
- Show commitment to raise standards and encourage excellence.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An amazing opportunity of joining a dedicated team of professionals who, at the core of their work, are genuinely driven to raising educational opportunities and outcomes for children and communities.
- Excellent CPD opportunities, including leadership progression, within a national multi-academy trust which offers and gives you access to a pool of talented, skilled and experienced senior leaders.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references. E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.