13 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable
Do you want to teach children who have positive attitudes to learning, be surrounded by a supportive leadership team and have your own bespoke professional development plan? If you relish a challenge and want to make a huge difference to our students’ lives, then we want to hear from you!
We are within close proximity of our two other Primaries, Meadstead Primary and Shafton who are also part of our Academy Trust. We help and support each other and undertake shared moderation.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced SENCO to join a supportive and highly skilled team. You will assist in developing, reviewing and implementing a whole school policy for pupils with special educational needs. You will be a member of the school's Senior Leadership Team, ensuring a key role in determining the strategic direction of SEN policy and provision.
The successful candidate will have:
- High expectations of children’s achievement and be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- An excellent understanding of how to use assessment information to plan and deliver learning that ensures all children make good progress
- Excellent understanding of how to enthuse and engage children so that they are excited by learning and by school
- The ability to motivate and inspire pupils to achieve high standards
- A good understanding of how to support SEND children as SENCO
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in transforming the school
AET can offer:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
This post is fixed-term until September 2020 and is required to commence January 2020
Closing date: Friday 06 December 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.