Are you an ambitious teacher, driven and looking for a change?
At Thomson House School we have wonderful children, really supportive parents and a fun, hard-working and passionate teaching team. If you are looking for a new challenge Thomson House School could be the place for you. We are an outstanding (Ofsted June 2015), dynamic, forward-thinking and innovative primary school with strong school values of ‘Curiosity, Kindness and Courage’. We have total commitment to outstanding teaching and learning, small classes and a drive to constantly raise standards. Our school is committed to inclusion and equal opportunities. Our school population is diverse and we are dedicated to ensuring our school is a place where everyone feels welcome and all our children can feel like they belong. Our inclusive teaching practices ensure that Thomson House is a school where children can achieve their best.
Job title: Special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO)
Salary: M6 (plus SEN allowance dependent on experience)
Contract type: part-time; 2.5 days per week
Reporting to: SLT, Head Teacher, Governors
Responsible for: Special Needs Team of Assistant Teachers
We are looking for a SENCo who:
• Is highly organised and time efficient
• Has a commitment to inclusivity.
• Is able to work with external professionals
• Is collaborative in practice and a team player
• Has experience in providing for pupils with SEND.
• Is committed to learning and training
We offer you:
• Opportunities to develop your leadership skills.
• Enthusiastic, skilled, friendly and passionate colleagues.
• Vibrant, happy, talented children and wonderfully supportive parents.
• A competitive salary with outer London weighting.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 6th December 2021
Start Date: February half term or Easter 2022 Contract: Part-time
Salary: M6 (plus SEN allowance if SEN qualification)
We welcome and encourage visits to the school from prospective candidates
This post is subject to an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Agency. Thomson House School is committed to safeguarding the welfare, health and safety of children by practising safe recruitment procedures.
Application forms can be downloaded from this website.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send it to Thomson House School, 27 Sheen Lane, London SW14 8HY.