Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Educational Needs Support Assistants / SEN TAs to work on a flexible daily basis at a special school during the weekend and holidays in North West London. Available immediately, the chosen Special Educational Needs Support Assistants / SEN TAs will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children and young people with disabilities and their families. The school provides services for children and young people with learning disabilities aged 5 to 25 including those with physical disabilities, autism, complex communication, and behavioural needs.
About the Role
· Special Educational Needs Support Assistants / SEN TAs.
· Class support, 1:1 and small group support roles available.
· Full time or part time working hours.
· Weekends and school holiday work available.
· Hourly rate at £9/hr.
About the Establishment
· Provides services for children and young people with learning disabilities aged 5 to 25 including those with physical disabilities, autism, complex communication, and behavioural needs.
· Help to make a positive impact on the lives of children and young people with disabilities Non-religious, non-selective school.
· Serves people in communities most impacted by social and economic inequalities.
· Regular working hours 10AM.
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Educational Needs Support Assistants / SEN TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have recent classroom experience as a teaching assistant in the UK (minimum 6 weeks’ full time);
· Must have experience supporting students with special needs, including autism, and a range of emotional, social, behavioural and learning difficulties;
· Must be proactive and able to use your initiative;
· Have strong behaviour management skills;
· Have excellent communication skills, as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills;
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa);
· Recent classroom-based references; and
· A valid DBS/police checks.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops;
· Regular social events; and
· Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number FRA155218.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.