Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants/ SEN TA to work within a special needs school in Bexley. This special needs school caters for children between the ages of 4 and 16. All students within this school have a statement of Autism, plus a variety of other needs, such as severe learning difficulties, emotional and physical needs, downs syndrome, ADHD and challenging behaviour. The school hours are 8.30am to 4pm. The rate of pay is £70 per day. Ideally, the Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant/ SEN TA will have experience working within special needs, however, mainstream teaching assistants with the right attitude, will be considered for this role.
About the Role
• Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant/ SEN TA
• Temporary work
• Working within a special needs class of up to 10 children.
• Required to work with the class teacher and other support staff, this could be group work or 1:1 with a particular child.
• This could be covering daily supply, or for those looking for long time work, this is also available.
• Opportunity to gain a permanent contract after a successful term within the school
• This role is to start as soon as possible.
• Hours at this school are 8.30pm to 4pm. Applicants must be able to work these hours.
• The children have a variety of needs at this school. All children have a statement of autism, as well as other special needs.
Working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Great rates of pay
• Guaranteed pay scheme
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• £250 referral scheme
• Consultant exclusivity and bespoke service
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant/ SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven and relevant experience as a Teaching Assistant with a SEN classroom environment (minimum 6 weeks)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCRSENTA1810
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.