Special Needs Support Assistant
£70 to £87 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: applicants must have experience of working with a broad range of needs within a Special Needs School setting or similar.
Dates : 19th April 2021 – 23rd July 2021
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA / Special Educational Needs Support Assistant to join a special school for students with complex needs based close to Hampstead and Kentish Town. This is a long term temporary role starting in September 2020, on a full time basis. Due to the nature of the class the SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA / Special Educational Needs Support Assistant must have experience of working with children with Autism and severe learning difficulties.
A Special Needs School for students with complex needs including PMLD, SLD, SpLD, Autistic Spectrum and SEMH, based in Camden. Accommodating learners from EYFS-Post 16, this school graded ‘Outstanding’ provides employees with access to state of the art facilities, and the luxury of highly skilled employees to work alongside.
To be considered for the Special Needs Support Assistant position, you will:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD / ASC, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
• Be comfortable with personal care and students with medical needs (essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart teachers, please contact Daniel Dunn-Stuart on 0203 968 7199 and quote reference DDS SNSA17595.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency