Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Needs Support Assistant to work with a class of Sixth Form students in a school in Peckham. The school is a specialist school for secondary aged students catering for a variety of special educational needs. It is extremely well resourced and modern, bright and airy. Students have access to the most up to date facilities and the team in school is experts in their field. The successful Special needs support assistant will work in a co-educational Sixth Form class of 7 students with complex needs. Prior experience of working with children with complex needs is essential and the successful candidate will be willing to assist with personal care as required by the students.
About the Role
• Special Needs Support Assistant
• Working with a sixth form class
• Students have complex needs
• Personal care required
• Full time, long term till July 2020 initially
• Up to £90 per day pay
About the School
• Special Needs School
• Modern setting and state of the art facilities
• Experienced and specialist team of staff
• Welcoming and supportive environment
• Students have access to a broad curriculum including the music, dance, art and a variety of other sensory activities
• Peckham, South London
In order to be considered for this role, the specials needs support assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience working the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMH1306
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.