Vision for Education are currently recruiting for Special Needs Support Assistants to work with Post 16 students and young Adults who have special educational and complex mental health needs. Vision are proud to be working in a new and exciting partnership with a fantastic local charity that specialise in providing education and residential support to vulnerable people and their families across the North East.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting young adults with severe learning difficulties and are able to assist with personal care, feeding and using hoists.
This is an excellent opportunity for care and support professional who would like to gain experience in the education sector. Likewise we would welcome applications from experienced Teaching / Learning Support Assistants who would like to further their experience within SEND.
Usual working hours will be 8:30 – 15:30 / Monday to Friday although work is generally offered on a day to day basis so applicants who are located in the North Tyneside area or who have access to a vehicle will be preferential.
- Have experience of working with young people or adults who have complex learning and or behavioural needs.
- Be available to work in the Newcastle or North Tyneside area.
- Be trained in Moving and Handling / using hoists.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
- Hold a current DBS certificate and it be registered on the online update service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS, Vision will assist in your application.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent and transparent rates starting from £8.41 per hour.
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE.
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
For further information, please call Dan Rutledge (Assistant Branch Manager - SEND) on 01912291386 or email CV and details to email@example.com.