Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA to work with primary and secondary students at an all-through special school in Ealing. This is a ‘Good’ school with a strong senior leadership team which provides training and continued professional development courses for their staff. The SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will be supporting students with a range of needs including MLD (moderate learning difficulties), SLD (severe learning difficulties), ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), PD (physical disabilities), and complex needs. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will need to show initiative and willingness to be involved with the students and supporting the class teacher. This role is to commence after October half term, with the possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA
• Supporting primary or secondary aged students with a range of needs including ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), PD (physical disabilities), and complex needs
• Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
• Providing feedback on pupil progress
• Role to begin after October half term, with the opportunity for a long-term role for the right candidate
• Daily rate from £70 depending on experience
About the School
• All through SEN school in Ealing
• Ofsted rated ‘Good’
• Caters for children with a range of needs including ASD, MLD, SLD, PD, complex needs, and SEMH
• Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
• Students aged from 2-17 years old
• Supportive and passionate senior leadership team
• Multiple therapists to work with the children
• CPD and training offered by the school
• Parking on site and close to transport links (Central Line)
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs TA / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (essential)
• Comfortable with personal care (desirable, but not essential)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC12278SENTA
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.