Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Full-Time Special Educational Needs Teacher to work in a school near Bourne, Lincolnshire. The position is due to start from September 2018 on a long-term basis, eventually leading to a permanent contract if you are the right Teacher for the school.
The desired Special Educational Needs Teacher will be working with students in Years 8 – 10. You will be supporting students with Moderate Learning Disabilities (MLD) including Autism, Profound and Multiple Disabilities (PMLD) and those with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). The ideal Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to be creative, flexible and passionate. The role will involve teaching a variety of subjects, including core subjects (English, Maths and Science), as well as foundation based subjects. The desired Special Educational Needs Teacher will be supported in the class by five Teaching Assistants and be leading the planning, marking and teaching of nine pupils in the class.
The large school is committed to inspiring every child and supporting the learning and personal development of every child in the school. They are passionate about creativity, innovation and promoting a happy and safe environment. The school are also passionate about ensuring each child has a personalised learning experience and are able to access a unique learning experience during their time attending the setting.
Whilst every day will be different, your main duties will typically involve:
· Planning and teaching a variety of rich and stimulating learning activities and lessons
· Establish a safe, clean and secure learning environment for all students in your class
· Assess how well specific learning outcomes are being achieved in class
· Develop and foster close relationships with parents and careers
· Monitor, assess, record, report and be accountable for the teaching and learning of your pupils
· Establish and maintain good classroom behaviour
To be considered for the position as an Special Educational Needs Teacher, you must:
· Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or a degree with experience of teaching for at least 1 year. Applicants without QTS will need to be keen to work towards gaining their QTS for this position
· Ideally, have experience teaching children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including Moderate Learning Disabilities (MLD), Profound and Multiple Disabilities (PMLD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Autism (ASD/ASC) and/or Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD).
· Be able to build a strong rapport with the young people you’re teaching
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Special Educational Needs Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Special Educational Needs Teacher. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you are a Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special, Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this Special Educational Needs Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in South Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire from September 2018, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk