Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Location: London Borough of Barnet
9:00 – 14:15 Mon – Fri
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: Nov 2021 – ASAP
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working with secondary aged children in a school setting.
Are you creative with a passion for changing the lives of young people?
• The school has up to 15 students who vary from having SEMH needs to high-functioning ASD (Autism Spectrum Condition)
• The school is looking for permanent staff who can make a real difference to students, with a long-term plan of taking on more pupils and expanding
• Only 10 minutes from the nearest tube station.
• The school will offer training and support to all staff.
Responsibilities as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant:
• To support students in their studies in classrooms
• Mentor students who have not taken up mainstream study
• Build rapport with the students and make a meaningful change
• Inspire students to maintain motivation for their studies
Requirements for Special Needs Teaching Assistant:
• DBS on the Update System
• Previous experience working in Secondary Schools
• Creativity and passion are an absolute MUST!
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply for Special Needs Teaching Assistant
If you are enthusiastic, passionate and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 0207 065 7525 and quote job reference SENDTAB91486
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.